Thursday, May 4, 2017

Strawberry Banana Flax Protein Smoothie



Smoothies are my favorite healthy drink. I strive to have one every day and at the very minimum, everyday I exercise. These are the foods that give me energy!! This strawberry banana smoothie is quick to make and a great way to fill you're body with nutrients. 


If you like strawberry and banana go ahead and screenshot, pin or favorite this recipe so you don’t lose it! I try all kindsof smoothie recipes, but this one always rises to the top and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. Frozen strawberries are a staple in my freezer, bananas are a morning ritual and now Aldi Grocery store carries milled Flax so I stocked up (and you should too).
Flax gives added nutrients like omega-3, fiber, protein, vitamin b1 and magnesium. All part of a healthy lifestyle. So go find the nearest Aldi and stock up for only $2.99!



I add a scoop of protein if I am using the smoothie to hold me over to the next meal or if pre or post workout. Everyone has a different pallet for protein. What I look for in a protein powder:  dairy free , plant based and low or no sugar added. Recently I’ve been using Garden of Life’s RAW Protein and Greens. It’s pretty awesome. Considering the ingredients listed are spinach, kale, broccoli and alfalfa grass, it doesn’t taste like a pile of sludge or have a grainy aftertaste when mixed.



Enjoy this nutrient packed smoothie! 

Strawberry Banana Flax Smoothie Recipe
1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
1 Cup Strawberries
1 Tbsp. Flax Seeds (milled)
1 Banana
1 Scoop of Garden of Life Raw Greens Protein Powder
2-4 Ice Cubes

Directions: In your blender, add strawberries and banana. Then add milk, flax and ice cubes. Turn blender on high until you don’t see any chunks of ingredients. Take a sip to test, add more ice if needed and re-blend. Enjoy.

For more articles like this one follow me on Facebook and Instagram!



1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete