Tuesday, January 2, 2018

GF Blueberry Protein Muffins


These blueberry muffins have a lot of healthy going on. They are more than just blueberry – we are talking, gluten-free, dairy-free, banana, protein muffins! This recipe is so easy with just a few extra ingredients to make them a healthy power snack.




With a few healthy swaps you have some pretty tasty and healthy muffins! I was so excited to create this recipe because I needed a change in my morning food routine. Until now that consisted of a KIND bar and banana (literally every day, even on weekends and the morning of my wedding!). Over the past year I’ve found I need to add a few things to my diet, and my blog –  better breakfast recipes and snacks. The gluten-free part took a couple tries to get the taste right, but now I’m confident you will love these little protein muffins.

Healthy Swaps

Here's the line-up...
Cows Milk à Almond Milk
Flour à Quick Oats, milled
Flour à Protein Powder (acts as a thickening agent)

One not so healthy ingredient that I decided not to swap was the white sugar. There isn’t that much and you could totally use honey instead if you wanted. I just felt these muffins were already super healthy, so what’s a little sugar.

Diary-free is also another checkbox on this recipe. The recipe uses almond milk and a dairy free protein powder. I am intolerant of Whey Protein and many people are. PlantFusion is my go-to protein powder and it comes in multiple flavors is vegan and low in sugar. 


I’m pretty pumped to add these blueberry muffins into my routine for a healthy snack. They are great for a pre or post workout boost or a healthy breakfast. We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I for one can’t skip it or my stomach will literally start crying out to me, so hopefully this recipe will help some of you get some nutrients to start off your day.



GF Blueberry Protein Muffin Recipe 



print recipe

GF Blueberry Protein Muffins
Gluten-free, dairy-free, blueberry, banana protein muffins.
Ingredients
  • 2 Eggs
  • 3/4 Cup Almond Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Cup Quick Oats (milled)
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 3 Tablespoons Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1 Banana, mashed
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 Cup White Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375. Mill quick oats in a food processor or mixer until fine like flour. In medium bowl, add milled oats, baking powder, protein powder, salt and sugar. In a separate medium size bowl, mix eggs, vanilla extract, olive oil, mashed banana, and almond milk. Add to quick oat mixture and blend with a mixer or whisk. Once combined, add blueberries and stir with spatula. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners, spray lightly with cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill the muffin trays. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely for about an hour.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12 muffins


Ingredients above. Mix wet and dry ingredients separatley and then combine. Mash the banana before adding to the mixture. 


I was happy to use my new Cuisinart mixer. So easy to use and clean. 




Enjoy and let food be your energy!
For more recipes follow me on Facebook and Instagram!



No comments :

Post a Comment