Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Citrus Boost Smoothie



Take a swig of this recipe to get your vitamin C and boost your immune system.  Jammed pack with citrus fruit, this one will help you stay free from the cold going around the office.

Fresh ginger is hidden in there too, which helps your digestive system, and serves as a natural cleanser. If you like orange juice this one is for you. All the citrus fruits in this smoothie make it taste almost like juice. But be warned if you don’t like pulp, this one may not be for you. The rind is peeled off, of course, but you still have the skin of the orange to contend with. The Nutri-Bullet does a good job liquefying it but there is still a thin layer of it that rises to the top.

If you follow me on social media you probably saw I am now using my very own Nutri-Bullet! Yes, this one is mine! No more borrowing Nutri-Bullets’s from work and family. This was a birthday gift from a special someone, who knew I needed it! I know it’s crazy that I didn’t have one before. I’ve probably posted a half-dozen recipes that used a Nutri-Bullet. Did I fool you into thinking I had my own?! Hehe… I’m pretty resourceful.

Price: I’m not going to label this one too much. If you are a smoothie regular, you probably have some of these on hand. Lemon, lime, orange all are under $1 each and the rest of the ingredients require very small portions. If you don’t have the honey and flax, try going to Whole Foods where you can get a small amount inexpensively in the bulk section. The flax seeds can be omitted. Almonds or sunflower seeds could also work.  

Citrus Boost Smoothie Recipe
1 ½ Cup Coconut Milk or Water
1 orange, skin peeled, and divided
½ Lime, juice of
½ Lemon, juice of
1 tsp. Fresh Ginger (4-5 peels, if using a peeler)
1 Tbsp. Flax Seeds
1 Tbsp. Honey

Directions:
Peel and divide orange, getting as much skin off as you can, add to blender. Add juices, ginger (fresh is best but you can use ground ginger if necessary), flax and honey. Add coconut milk/water. Add ice if desired. Blend on high until mixed.


This recipe was adapted from the Nutri-Bullet recipe book (titled Citrus System).



No comments :

Post a Comment