Thursday, June 29, 2017

Avocado Toast 3 Ways


Avocados are a great add to any meal, beaming with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Here are three ways to make simple, yet gourmet avocado toast.



Avocados pair well with a variety of sweet and salty foods because of their mellow and creamy qualities. I had an abundance of beautiful avocados from my Hungry Harvest delivery service and wanted to make something besides guacamole. I had enough of them to do some recipe tasting, mixing and matching with cheeses and veggies, and voila! I ate 4 of these toasts as my dinner after I was done taking photos of them. I was so full! These would make a great appetizer for a party, snack or even a small meal.




I also had some fun making an avocado rose for this photo shoot. It was as test of my patience and creativity but turned out so pretty! It was a bit easier than it looked. I wish I could say it’s a big secret, but really you can watch some tutorials on Youtube and figure it out in a few tries like I did. You just have to take your time.





For the ingredients, I tried to use simple, inexpensive summer flavors. Some of the ingredients are shared multiple recipes, like the red onion and balsamic. You could also throw the feta cheese on the mango salad if you wanted. There really are so many tasty possibilities here. Try these out then mix and match your own creation! Enjoy and let food be your energy!




Here are my three tested and true recipes for avocado toast.

Avocado Toast Recipes:

Servings 4 pieces of toast (per recipe)

1. Corn Salad
Ingredients:
1 large Avocado, mashed
1 Cup Sweet Corn
⅓ Cup Red Onion, chopped
⅓ Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
1 tsp Lime juice, or to taste
Salt to taste

2.  Bruschetta
1 Avocado, mashed
2 Tomatoes, chopped or diced
¼ cup Basil, chopped
⅓ cup Red Onion, chopped
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar, optional

3. Mango Salad
1 Avocado, Mashed
2 Cups Arugula, loosely packed
1 Cup Mango, sliced (frozen is fine)
1-2 tsp Honey (or to taste)
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar


Directions for all: Toast bread until crisp and not limp. Spread mashed avocado on each piece of toast (about ¼ of the avocado on each piece). Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl and spoon onto toast. You can also layer ingredients one by one in the order listed in the recipe.




 For more recipes follow me on Facebook and Instagram!

1 comment :