Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Product Review: Brad's Raw Crunchy Kale


 
I have been waiting impatiently on a sale to try Brad’s Raw Crunchy Kale and was surprisingly disappointed. I don’t like to post negative reviews, but also don’t like to see people waste their money.  
These crunchy kale chips are expensive. I waited until they were on sale, and had a coupon = $4, normally around $6. I tested the “Naked” Sunflower seed & cashew vegan cheese flavor. Sounded simple, compared to other flavors like Vampire Killer (garlic flavor I guess?). I love making kale chips at home and was hoping this product would be a step above my own creation. Nope. The kale chips are a glob of kale with vegan cheese and other seasonings. The flavor is hard to explain, so I’ll just say it’s bland and crunchy as the package indicated but the bitter taste of the kale comes through and the seasoning doesn’t add enough flavors to make it more palatable.

Moral of the story – I wouldn’t recommend them. I was hoping for a new snack to promote, but here I am giving out a warning message. Don’t waste your money. If you’ve tried them and have a different opinion, please enlighten me.
Globs of kale. Yummy! NOT!

 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment