Thursday, June 2, 2016

Review: Local Table Market Fresh Cafe (Conshohocken)




Local Table Market Fresh Cafe is as healthy and local as it gets.  One of my favorite restaurants in Conshohocken (just north of Philly), you will find creative options for breakfast and lunch on the menu. 

Since their doors opened in 2015, and being a resident of  Conshohocken, I’ve been there over a dozen times and invited my friends to join me for my birthday. I’m a bit of a regular. All the food is creative and delicious. You will always find something new on the menu based on what’s in season. With the option to sit down and savor or grab and go, from shakes and salads to BBQ Chicken, there is something for everyone.

Birthday party
Owner, Marcie Spampinato has a passion for what she does, bringing healthy food to the community that she lives in, which is apparent every time I visit. The food is locally sourced whenever possible and organic, much of it comes from Linvilla Orchards Farm, Maple Acres and Sprouts and Snouts, to name a few.

I don’t eat out for breakfast much, especially not on the weekdays, but I have found myself grabbing a breakfast sandwich on more than a couple occasions from Local Table (my Yelp photos are reminders). Stellar presentation and use of ingredients – the sammie starts with classic BEC (bacon egg and cheese), then topped with spinach, avocado pesto and usually a side of popcorn (not really a breakfast item, but I love popcorn). Perfect way to start the day! 

I had a hard time narrowing down my favorites. Here are a few:

First is the Harvest Protein Salad, which has avocado, chickpeas and quinoa with an apple cider vinaigrette. 


Next is the Sesame Crunch Salad which features red cabbage slaw, carrot, bell pepper, curried cauliflower and sesame ginger dressing.  Another is the Stuffed Sweet Potato, filled with pulled pork and red cabbage. A savory combo topped with a sweet sauce. Lastly is the Chakra Shakes, my favorite are the green and violet, all made fresh daily.

Seasme Crunch
Stuffed Sweet Potato

Need a breakfast spot this weekend? Want to try something more exciting than a predictable Panera salad? Give Local Table a try!

Check out Local Table's website here

No comments :

Post a Comment