Monday, September 14, 2015

Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing - $


This simple vinaigrette is quick and effortless, just like a salad dressing should be. I would describe it as light, sweet and tangy. I’ve tried this on different types of salad and it’s always good. For freshness I try to use hand squeeze the lemon, but lemon juice from the fridge is fine too. If you are using this dressing on a kale salad I recommend adding the dressing about 20 minutes before you eat to let the leaves soften (let the oil and ACV do their job!). 

Price: Price-wise this is all stuff I try to keep on hand – regardless if you do or not this is not an expensive dressing.  If you buy high end-organic EVOO and honey expect to pay more, but my usual Bertolli EVOO is usually $7-$8 a bottle (and you are only using a small portion of it). The honey I use is from my parents farm (spoiled, I know!) so that is $0. Sometimes I buy Golden Blossom and it’s about $5 a jar.

Farm fresh honey!
Serving Size: Makes about a ½ full salad shaker (perfect for a few personal salads) and easily doubled to make a full jar.

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Honey
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemon Juice from ½ a lemon (3 tbsp)
1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions:
In a salad dressing shaker (or small bowl), add apple cider vinegar (I do this first so the honey and oil don’t stick to the spoon as much), honey, oil, lemon juice and pepper. Shake (or stir if using bowl) until you get a light color and there is no separation in the dressing (separation after stirring or sitting in the fridge is natural). 










No comments :

Post a Comment