Friday, August 14, 2015

Strawberry Mint Iced Tea - $




Perfect summer weekend drink! Enough said. Well I guess I should tell you some more about it, huh? I’ve been toying with the idea of a brewed iced tea for a while since I’m a regular hot tea drinker and I think you’ll like it.

This is a simple brewed mint tea with a few additions to make it taste like summertime. Throw some strawberries and a squeeze of lemon and you have a great summer drink.  If you don’t like un-sweetened tea I hate to break it to you – but it’s the healthier option since it's sans added sugar. So try it. But if you still can’t hack it add a couple packs or teaspoons of sugar.

Pricing on this can vary - I got the strawberries on sale fresh for $2.99. Mint tea bags are about $3.99 but you only use 5, the Mint I got from the garden and lemon juice was on hand. So really if you break it down this cost it was around $3.50 total making it 1 out of 4 on the $ scale. 

Strawberry Brewed Iced Tea Recipe
Ingredients:
2 liters of Water (about 8 cups)
5 Mint Tea Bags
1 Sprig of Fresh Mint (if available)
1 tsp. Lemon juice
1 ½ cup Strawberries

Directions:

In a large pot, boil 2 liters of water. Turn heat to low and add tea bags and sprig of mint.  Let set for 10 minutes.  Pour into pitcher and add strawberries and lemon juice. Stir. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until chilled. You can add ice to speed up the process.



No comments :

Post a Comment