Thursday, June 4, 2015

Balsamic Grilled Veggie Sandwich

What happens in my kitchen with leftover rolls...
 

Shopping in the grocery store for one (sometimes two) I have no choice but to buy more than what I need of many things. One of them is hamburger rolls. Who needs 8 rolls when you are making dinner for two? A week ago I made a special BBQ pulled chicken dinner and of course there were leftover rolls. So I was determined to do something meatless and healthy with them the next day. Looking around my fridge I found some fresh mushrooms, spinach, roasted red peppers, pesto, and viola... I had one of my new favorite recipes!  In this case grilled really means pan because I don't have a grill. 

Balsamic Grilled Veggie Sandwich Recipe 
Ingredients
Makes 1 sandwich – easily multiplied
  • About 8-10 large slices of bella mushrooms (or any large mushrooms of your choice  the bigger the mushroom the less you need)
  • ¼  cup Roasted red peppers (from a jar is fine)
  • 1 teaspoons pesto
  • 2 Tomato slices
  • 1 small handful of Spinach
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Roll 

Directions
Sautee mushrooms in water and balsamic for about 15 minutes or until tender. Add roasted red peppers to the pan for 5 additional minutes. In the meantime toast the rolls if you like. Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over one half of the roll. Top with mushrooms and red peppers. Add tomatoes and spinach to taste on top of mushrooms and then top with other half of roll. 


Enjoy and let me know how you like it below!

No comments :

Post a Comment