Friday, June 19, 2015

Easy Garlic Hummus



Who doesn't love a good hummus! Unfortunately for me, I didn't make this until the very end of my diet. Organic fresh made hummus from Whole Foods was my splurge while on my Standard Process Diet - so I could have saved some $$ with this recipe. Hopefully you will! 
This healthy snack’s main ingredient - chickpeas, are full of protein, fiber and good-for-you carbs. Another plus, hummus won’t go bad for a while.  I keep mine for about a week and store in a glass bowl with a lid. 


Such an easy recipe, and I make it without a food processor (are you seeing a trend here). You can make a lot with a good blender - and mine is a hand-me down! No expensive tools to make this hummus.  This recipe is easily adapted with your favorite additives like sun-dried tomatoes, olives, cheese, jalapenos, artichoke, and spinach - whatever you want which is the great thing about hummus, it can adapt to just about any flavor. 

Easy Garlic Hummus Recipe

Ingredients:
1 can Garbanzo beans, organic (if possible), drained
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, minced (1 packet from TJ’s as pictured)
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
3 Tbsp. Tahini
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1-2 Tbsp. Water (if needed)

Directions:

Pour into the blender (or food processor if you have one), all ingredients except garbanzo beans and water. Turn blender on high. Add ½ the Garbanzo beans and blend on high.  Stop and mix with a plastic spatula if the blender struggles. Blend until smooth. Then add the last of the garbanzo beans and blend. Add water if the consistency is too thick. Also if you really like garlic you can add another clove.

All the ingredients minus Tahini (oops).


There's the Tahini and my good old blender!


Yum!

No comments :

Post a Comment