Thursday, June 18, 2015

Strawberry, Pear & Spinach Salad - with Blueberry Balsamic


 
This is a great summer salad because all the ingredients are in season (I usually try make this when I can score a sale on the berries). Enjoy the freshness and flavor of the berries, pear, spinach, dressing and the fullness of quinoa. Quick to prepare and eat on a hot day in the summer time. Also eye-catching, I love the bright colors of this salad which make it look even more appetizing! Enjoy!


For the dressing, I'm a simpleton with very few power tools in my tiny kitchen. So I made this dressing by putting all the ingredients into a bowl (except water) and mashing and mixing with a wooden spoon. I was nervous but it came out surprisingly well!

Strawberry, Pear & Spinach Salad - with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing Recipe

Ingredients:
2-3 Cups Spinach
1 Cup Strawberries, fresh, sliced
1  Pear, sliced
1/2 cup Blueberries (optional - I had them from making the dressing)
1/2 cup Quinoa, cooked

Blueberry Balsamic Dressing 
1 cup Blueberries, fresh
1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Honey
2/3 cup Olive Oil
Splash of water - if needed (add if the dressing seems to thick)

Directions:
For the salad, combine all ingredients in bowl, adding quiona last and toss. For the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor (except water) and  turn on high until mixed. Also you can mix by hand in a bowl using a wooden spoon. Add water at the end if you need to thin it out at all.












Since blueberries were in season at the time I made this I added blueberries to the salad too, but not necessary.


No comments :

Post a Comment