Monday, June 15, 2015

Standard Process Diet - Day 1

Don't worry I'm not going to bore you with a post for every day of the diet but the first day was important.

The first day of the diet was exhausting to say the least (not going to sugar coat it). I would recommend starting the diet on a weekend or day you are not working/busy - unlike me. I started on a Monday morning. I spent the night before prepping food and planning my food list for the week. Also there were several grocery trips made to stock up on all of earth's goodies (I may have gone overboard).


My grocery trip bounty.

How I felt:
The supplements took an almost immediate effect on me. I felt tired, weak and groggy (kind of like when you have a head cold coming on) starting about 30 minutes after I took the supplements through most of the day. I've read this is not uncommon. I was running to the bathroom a lot but was never "sick" or  had any "explosive events"  as some people find common on a cleanse. I also didn't get a headache like many people report the first day/week. I like to think it's because I was already off of caffeine.

I could tell my body was in shock from the changes, but this was good - it meant it was working and my body needed this!

Mixed Berry Shake
What I ate:

Breakfast: Mixed Berry Shake 
Ingredients:
strawberries
blueberries
raspberries
1 banana
1 teaspoon flax oil
1 cup water (this was before I discovered coconut milk).
2 scoops SP Complete Protein

Not bad for my first try (I didn't own a blender until I started the diet!). It wasn't as sweet as I had hoped, and the SP Complete makes it look a little darker. Don't fret if it doesn't look as colorful as you imagine. This turned into one of my go to shakes.


Lunch: Basic Kale Salad (my first experience with kale in a salad - it was scary!)
Kale and Beet Salad
Ingredients:
Kale
2 carrots diced
Beets
Lemon Vinaigrette (home made)

Yummy! Secret to the kale salad is to toss the kale with the dressing about 30 minutes prior to eating (use your hands!). Yes, this is an extra time consuming step but makes a world of difference. If you don't have time, use a container that you can pour the dressing and shake, let sit for 5 minutes before eating.

Snacks: 
  • Sweet potato chips (made the night before)
  • Dates (these were my go to when I got a sugar craving)
  • Apple
  • 1/2 Cucumber
  • Banana 
  • 1/2 cup brown rice
  • Shake before dinner
Roasted Stuffed Peppers
Dinner: Roasted Stuffed Peppers
1/2 cup rice
1/2 cup quinoa
Diced stewed tomatoes
Onions
Cremini Mushrooms

Basic Instructions: Cook ingredients in a pot then mix together. Added rice/quinoa mixture to hollowed out peppers and cooked at 375 for 30 minutes.

Delicious! Mike even had them with me and we were both full. I repeated this dish a couple times through the diet.


I was not hungry as you can see by the food list, I ate alot. Day one was tiring but a success.

No comments :

Post a Comment